Remember that the compensation schedule for personal injury at the CNESST level has not been changed since 1985. A lumbar sprain is expected to be compensated with a 2% anatomophysiological impairment plus a 0.2% loss of enjoyment of life, for a total permanent disability of 2.2%.
We have informed you on several occasions that it is very important to have an aggravation of a personal condition of degenerative discopathy accepted in your diagnosis of lumbar sprain or that it is indicated that this sprain is grafted onto a pre-existing personal condition. When an electromyogram (EMG) comes to recognize the sequelae of numbness in the legs, it is therefore possible to improve the sensitivities
This was confirmed in a Fontaine et Services ménagers Roy ltée (2019, QCTAT 1530) decision.
So if you have pain in your lower limbs and you have arthritic disc disease, maybe it would be good to see if you deserve more after-effects than the 2.2% normally assigned.
If any questions, consult us!