SUFFERING FROM A WORKPLACE
INJURY OR OCCUPATIONAL ILLNESS?
With 30 years of experience, our team of lawyers and experts aims to protect your rights and your future by helping you get through challenging claims and obtain compensation as provided for in the Act respecting industrial accidents and occupational diseases. Filing and following up on claims requires a lot of dedication and diligence. We know it’s hard to find the energy to defend your rights when you’re dealing with a physical injury, mental exhaustion or limited finances. That’s why we offer assistance and guidance throughout the process.
because you suffered an accident or exercised a legal right? This is illegal and you can seek recourse. We can defend your case so that an appropriate solution can be reached.
especially since the CNESST seems to have the upper hand? We can guide you and negotiate on your behalf.
We work with clinical partners and expert physicians who are both recognized and respected. Our team can accompany you to the Tribunal administratif du travail (TAT). Since the process can be confusing, let our experts guide you and ensure your rights are respected!
IN THE EVENT OF A WORKPLACE ACCIDENT
- Immediately inform your supervisor or any other figure of authority.
- See a doctor at a medical clinic or hospital as soon as possible. Make sure you mention any pain or injury.
- Ask the doctor to fill out a medical assessment certificate and then send a copy to your employer.
- Fill out a Worker’s Claim form, providing detailed information about the incident, and send it to the CNESST.
- Make sure you obtain regular medical follow-ups. If necessary, ask to be referred to a specialist.
- Take your rehabilitation process seriously, seek information and try to find long-term solutions.
- Ask your claims agent for assistance from a psychologist, counsellor or other specialist.
- Be diligent about meeting all contestation deadlines.
- Keep copies of all communications and documents, and request copies of your medical results to keep in your personal files.